"If you have time to spare go by air, if you really have to get there...go by car." Author Unknown

Monday, September 6, 2010

Sh*t My Dad Says

Sh*t My Dad Says

"On the democratic system:  'We're having fish for dinner...Fine, let's take a vote.  Who wants fish for dinner?...Yeah, democracy ain't so fun when it f*cks you, huh?' "

"On sportmanship: 'You pitched a great game, you really did.  I'm proud of you.  Unfortunately your team is sh*tty...No, you can't go getting mad at people because they're sh*tty.  Life will get mad at them, don't worry.'  "

I bought this book at Costco two days ago because I had seen the author on a talk show and the stories he told about his father were quite funny. I also had hopes of encouraging my husband to read something besides technical manuals on the fission of semi-conductor nanocytes. It worked. He hasn’t been able to put this book down and all too frequently bursts out with peals of laughter. This is the funniest book I have ever read, but have only had the opportunity to read for a few minutes at a time because I am currently reading the most boring book ever “Mansfield Park” by Jane Austen (my book club's choice). I must caution you though – if you find the “F” word offensive this book might not be for you. On the other hand if you find an educated professional spewing forth obscenities laced with unabashed wisdom -- you will love this.

No comments:

Post a Comment