"If you have time to spare go by air, if you really have to get there...go by car." Author Unknown

Friday, September 17, 2010

Cilantro Flowers

I came home from work last night to four “vases (sippy cups)” of lovely “flowers,” also known as… cilantro, displayed prominently throughout the kitchen. This apparently was the work of my three year old who told his daddy “mommy will smell these and she will be happy!” After a long day at work nothing could have made me happier…except maybe a day’s worth of sleep.

Sleep, however, was something I did not get that night. My oldest son called me at 9 p.m. to tell me he thought he may have broken his wrist at a soccer game. After picking him up I realized it may be broken so we prepared to be off to medical services at 9:30 at night. Fortunately, my wonderful husband volunteered to take him to the urgent care. Since Jace is 18 he is still eligible to be taken to the nighttime pediatric urgent care in Mesa, Goodnight Pediatrics, which had….no waiting and an x-ray machine on site. One does not realize how great a find the pediatric urgent care is until you have waited in an ER for six hours with very little sleep. For me it was a suspenseful sleeplessness until 12:30 a.m. when they got back to confirm he has two fractures with displacement.


The night was bittersweet in spite of the sweet cilantro smell as I had my whole family under one roof, but one was in pain, the other was restless and the parents…were sleepless once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment