"If you have time to spare go by air, if you really have to get there...go by car." Author Unknown

Monday, June 28, 2010

Yes, I Did Graduate From College

Articulate means to speak clearly and distinctly. Since the birth of my second child I have noticed my ability to be articulate is absent. Point in case I have to read and reread my posts for grammatical accuracy and proper spelling. I am certain this is related to child rearing….or is it early memory loss? Could it be the lack of sleep or constant preoccupation? It is very frustrating for me as well as my husband to carry on a conversation due to the lack my ability to finish a sentence. He just said to me yesterday “can you try to finish your sentences?” – and in case you read the quote imagining he said it in a kind and loving way….stop. It was dripping with sarcasm and disdain. I understand it can be annoying to have a conversation with someone who can only speak in one syllable words and short incomplete sentences. I am sure he feels he is speaking with a child. I understand because sometimes his occasional emotional immaturity makes me feel like I am speaking to a child as well. But I digress…

Occasionally I miss the old me who could use multi-syllable words correctly without thinking. Now if I want to use a big word I really have to think about it, what it means and am I using it correctly – by the time I have thought it all out the moment has passed and once again I haven’t completed a sentence. I hope by the time I outgrow this phase I haven’t moved into a new phase known as old-timers-syndrome. However at least I will have a real excuse for not being able to remember anything -- for now people just wonder how I graduated from college.

No comments:

Post a Comment