"If you have time to spare go by air, if you really have to get there...go by car." Author Unknown

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

New Blogger Euphoria

I find it hard to tear myself away from the computer these days.  Blogging has been cathartic in many ways, but mostly it has allowed me to revisit writing.  I have always loved writing and in college I received praise by more than one professor for my writing skills.  So maybe I love writing all the more because who doesn't love to be praised for something?  Especially these days -- praise is so infrequently heard.  I am a mother, a wife and a professional and really those roles often receive little praise in the home let alone on the bigger scale.  As a mother I believe and hope the praise will come later, you know, after they grow up and appreciate all that was done to present them with opportunities for making the right choices in life.  As a wife?  Unless you are married to a great appreciator and communicator then appreciation or praise may not come until later as well.  As for my career choice -- well it allows for very little appreciation.  Therefore, I beleive it is probably best to appreciate and reward oneself for life is very short.

Blogging is creating.  Creating is rewarding.  Refurbishing a bike is rewarding.   Building a shelf for your child to display his puzzles is rewarding.  Writing something that others find encouraging, funny and/or insightful is rewarding.  Although, at this point, I think I am the only one appreciating my blog -- but that is okay because I am really enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment