"If you have time to spare go by air, if you really have to get there...go by car." Author Unknown

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bike Refurbishment Stalled due to Memory Loss

It is nearly complete. The bike is painted and partially put together, but I am stalled due to lack of mechanical skills. I finished painting it yesterday and put it together in the afternoon-- or so I thought. Once done I realized I lost a screw, put the front chrome tire protector (or chrome thing) on backwards, have to take the back tire off to put on rear chrome thing and to top it off the back tire isn’t quite moving…forward or backward. And I forgot the chain. So I have to remove tires, chain protector and chrome thing and then put it all back on the right way. Except I don’t remember the right way. I took pictures, but I can’t tell where the parts go. I really thought I would remember the way the parts went on if I stared at them for a long time before I took them off -- and I did stare, but apparently not enough.

I am waiting for my husband to get home to put things in perspective. He is definitely more mechanical than me and has a much better memory. As it stands this bike is only good for looking at right now – I am not even sure it is safe leaning against the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment