"If you have time to spare go by air, if you really have to get there...go by car." Author Unknown

Thursday, June 24, 2010

I ♥ Craigslist.com

I just found out today that Flexa, a Denmark company, is no longer selling their bed products in the United States. Their beds are really cool since they start out for a toddler and can be modified well into young adulthood.  It really sucks for us since we only have their basic bed (with cave, pockets and chalkboard), which incidentally we got for free from craigslist.com.  I have been scrambling today to find the accessories we would like to have in order to make our son’s bed a low-loft-with-slide. I called the Las Vegas store and they only have two of the four items we want.

A quick search of Craigslist.com (I always thought it was gregslist) and I found someone selling a low loft bed with two of our wanted items (extension legs and ladder) right here in Phoenix. An even more thorough search and I found all the parts we need on Craigslist.com for much less than in the store. Unfortunately, they are in other states. I have been aggressively making offers to the owner of the bed with the parts we need here in Arizona and have even offered more than half of what they are asking for the bed -- just for the parts.  One would think she couldn’t refuse and as such I am eagerly awaiting her reply to my latest offer. In the meantime the owners of the parts in the other states have agreed to ship me the items if I pay for shipping (we will see how that goes).

There are two things I really like about craigslist.com:  you can pay much less for an item you want than if it were new and you help the environment by recycling items instead of buying more (and more and more...which is something we Americans are really good at next to gun ownership).

No comments:

Post a Comment