"If you have time to spare go by air, if you really have to get there...go by car." Author Unknown

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Who was I kidding?

I just received my plans and DVD from The New Yankee Workshop for my Adirondack Chairs. Not only do I need much bigger tools (and more expensive) than what I thought there is no way I can build this. Norm, the woodshop guy, only supplied instructions to cut wood “from scratch.” In chef-speak that would be like making a cake not from a box with the name Betty Crocker on it -- or imagine cutting down a tree and making a two by four out of it. Alas, I am afraid the Adirondack chair is way out of my league (even with a helper) at this time – or forever.

My trusty little helper, Ethan, and I are going to stick to easy stuff.  For example, we are adding bun feet to this ancient treasure chest (not really -- well, we are really adding bun feet it just is not ancient) and then refinishing it.  We will keep you posted and hopefully for the rest of the work he will have his pants on.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I took about 6 pictures and he did not wear underwear in any of them!

    ReplyDelete