"If you have time to spare go by air, if you really have to get there...go by car." Author Unknown

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Joys of Parenthood: Overflowing Toilets


















As I was in the kitchen preparing to pour myself a much needed Jack Daniels...no... just kidding...I was pouring myself a Coke (yes -- can you believe it?  From a can.  I have weaned myself off of McDonald's Coke).  Anyway, all of the sudden Ethan comes sloshing (yes, sloshing) out of my bedroom saying "uh oh!"  I run to the bathroom and what do I see:  a toilet overflowing -- poop and all.

It seems as though "poop" is a predominant theme in my blog and I am wondering if I should change the title to "Just Another Blog About Poop"?  I don't know if this keeps happening because I have a toddler or because I am an RN.  Patient's always want us to see their poop -- for some reason they think we are obsessed with it.  We are not.  The doctor just wants to know they are pooping -- which is why I have to ask "when was your last BM?"  I don't use the word "poop" since it seems rather vulgar.  Anyway, it could be poop is so predominant in my blogs because anything that has to do with the butt is funny... farting, pooping, gerbils (well, that's another story) and my toddler is into all of those...except gerbils. 

I went into hyper-speed (Star Trek Lingo) to clean up the poopy mess since our baseboards were covered in toilet water by at least a 1/2 an inch and moving fast toward the wood floor. Once it was cleaned and the adorable little Ethan had finally stopped saying "I didn't do it on purpose (which is his new saying for everything he does now)...." -- we sat back to watch Dora and drank some deliciously ice cold canned Coke.

No comments:

Post a Comment