"If you have time to spare go by air, if you really have to get there...go by car." Author Unknown

Monday, November 1, 2010

Gel Polish...what's that?

A few weeks ago I learned from the manicurist I could have nail polish that would not wash off or chip for three to four weeks for the reasonable price of $30 (including manicure).  "Wow!" I thought -- that would be great since I wash my hands so much regular polish barely makes it past a couple of days.  I asked if it was damaging to the nails and the answer was "no."  The process involved baking each of the five coats in a mini tanning bed like contraption (same machine used for fake nails) for five minutes each.  Unfortunately the nail polish, which is basically gel "fake" nails, lasted only ten days and was very damaging to my nail.  My nails are very brittle and thin as if I had "fake" nails put on.  They really did look beautiful for the ten days they lasted.  Always shiny and no chipping.  However, because of the nail damage I would not have it done again.  Well, unless it was for a special occasion because it did look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment