"If you have time to spare go by air, if you really have to get there...go by car." Author Unknown

Monday, April 11, 2011

Weehoo Igo Review

After realizing our mountain bikes have just become decorations in our garage I decided to try to find something that would enable us to ride our bikes again with our almost four year old.  Last year in Germany we tried out the bike trailer and our son hated it.  He complained of being hit in the face with rocks and that he was hot.  It seemed to us his complaints stemmed mostly from being isolated.  Next we tried the Ibert handlebar seat, but it would only work on my husband’s bike and pedaling was difficult.  The search was on for a bike apparatus that would work for our family.
By pure accident I came across the Weehoo when searching the REI website for trail-a-bikes.  At first glance I knew this was going to work out great.  I read all the reviews as well as reviews on other websites and the feedback was nothing but positive.  I watched a user posted video on You Tube which convinced my husband to try it.  We received it last Thursday and after several bike rides (if you build it they will use it) – we can say without regret we “love it!”  Our son enjoys participating by pedaling (at 3 ½ he can reach the pedals) and because it is open he seems to feel a part of the biking experience. 
What really sold us on the Weehoo was the fact our son can ride this up to 75lbs!  We also like that we have been able to enjoy long bike rides and not worry we will  have to stop when he gets tired – if he does he just takes a nap!  I love the 5 point harness seat and all the storage options.  Both my husband and I have pulled the Weehoo and love the way it tracks right behind our bikes.  Purchasing it from REI provided one other huge benefit:  they put it together!
We try to make very smart purchases and I feel this is one of the best we have made.  We are looking forward to enjoying our long term love relationship with the Weehoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment