"If you have time to spare go by air, if you really have to get there...go by car." Author Unknown

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Please Prepare For Descent

I love to hear those words after flying for nine hours.  Once this announcement is made from the pilot I to put everything away in their proper-easy-to-get-to places.  And after everything is stowed I start to relax (or tense up because I think we will crash) knowing that soon -- one way or another we will be on the ground.  I feel the same way now only I am not flying.  Just like in preparation for landing I am now making preparations for my long awaited move.

Prepare for descent could mean anything to anybody I suppose.  Descent into hell.  Descent into madness, chaos, darkness or misery -- been there and done all of those.  For me prepare for descent means butterflies and rose gardens.  It is no surprise to anyone who knows me how much I dislike where I live let alone Arizona.  Preparation for moving and selling a house is more complicated than preparing for landing yet very similar because they both involve stowing things away.  Also with similar consequences -- crashing and burning.  Of course we want to get the most for our house and at the very least what we paid.  Unfortunately the market doesn't agree with what we want for our house but we are going to ask for it anyway hoping there is someone out there who wants this house badly enough to pay it.  So while we are waiting I am preparing myself for my inevitable descent into something better!

No comments:

Post a Comment