"If you have time to spare go by air, if you really have to get there...go by car." Author Unknown

Friday, July 2, 2010

Things to Do When You Can’t Go Outside

It is too hot to go outside right now and I have been sitting here thinking what we could do that doesn’t involve going outdoors. This is what I came up with:
  • Read a book
  • Play a game
  • Color
  • Finger paint
  • Rearrange your furniture
  • Dust all those out of way places
  • Organize your photo albums
  • Bake something (but not if you live where it is hot)
  • Give yourself a pedicure
  • Paint a room
  • Paint part of your child’s room with chalkboard paint for drawing
  • At this point I am actually running out of ideas… I don’t like being inside
  • Look out your window and watch your plants wither and die in the heat (I didn’t say it would be a "fun” list)
  • Do pilates or yoga
  • Find a recipe and make a special dinner ;)
  • Have friends over
  • Surf the internet 
  • Look for houses in California, Oregon or Hawaii while surfing the internet (great weather, never too hot or too cold)
  • Look for jobs for your husband in the above mentioned states 
  • Send your husband an email when you find a great house in a beautiful green state with beautiful outdoor weather all year long begging him to change jobs because you are tired of being stuck inside for seven months out of the year (YES! it is seven months of over 100° temps in Arizona)
It is really hot today and I am stuck inside. I was trying to think of things to do and this is what I came up with. I am sorry my list of indoor activities sucks. Frankly, there is very little to do inside if you are an outside person except move to where the weather is nice all year long.

No comments:

Post a Comment