"If you have time to spare go by air, if you really have to get there...go by car." Author Unknown

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"Are You Sucking Kidding Me?"

Fifteen years ago, when I was much more judgemental, if my then four year old son had said this I would have been appalled and embarrassed.  Fifteen years later -- ahhh, well, what are you going to do?  I only hope and pray my-now-four-year-old doesn't say this to his teacher when she says "Tommy the Tyrannosaurus is going to be here today for show and tell!"  It's actually funny because he says it with just the right inflection (high and long notes) and uses it appropriately in sentence structure every time.  For example, yesterday I said I have moved all the snacks out of his reach so he cannot climb the pantry shelves to get them for himself and he said "are you f**ing kidding me?"  Fortunately, only his father and I know what he is saying because his "f's" sound like "s's" so the end result is: "are you sucking kidding me?  I haven't decided if this version is better than the correct form of the slang. 

I am really trying to clean up my vocabulary since this is not going to score me any points with the other mom's especially if their offspring says either version of the aforementioned -- and I seriously doubt they will be impressed if it is used correctly in a sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment